Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any side effect for ortho-k lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any side effect for ortho-k lenses?

I am considering the ortho k lens for my daughter but I wanna know if there is any side effect for this product?

I have been wearing ortho-k lenses for nearly 3 months. At first, it might feel a little irritating on the eye, but you'll get used to it soon. It doesn't have any side effect so far, and I can go without wearing glasses for one week.

Comment

The ortho-k lenses still belong to contacts, so it may have the same problem with other contacts, such as lack of oxygen, dry eyes, congestion and so on. But as it is designed for night wearing with special high oxygen permeability material. it can reduce the chance of complication to the most.

Comment

Actually, ortho-k lenses have a lower risk of any side effects. However, it may also cause the inflamation of cornea and make the eye bloody because it is a kind of contact lenses. If you suffer any disomforts, you can stop wearing them and then your eye will get recovery.

Comment

I work for the Orthokeratology Center in Bethesda and I find that most of the unpleasant side effects (i.e. irritation) are due to improper cleansing and care of the lenses. Otherwise, once a proper fitting is achieved and often that can take 5-8 trial lenses, the results are extraordinary. A recent study has also shown that wearing Ortho-K lenses can slow the progreesion of nearsightedness in children. If you swim, surf, or play softball, it's so much more hygenic to do your sport without regular contacts in your eyes. Ortho-K is completely reversible. Once you stop wearing the lenses, your eyes will revert back to your original prescription.

Comment

Working...
          X