How long do rgp contact lenses last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do rgp contact lenses last?

How long can RGP contact lenses be worn? Do they get fouled up with protein or lipid deposits like soft lenses do?

I heard that RGP contact lenses should be replaces every years. This is because your prescription is likely to change every year. So, you need take eye examination and change new contact lenses very year. Besides, With the lenses, it is also likely build up proteins and minerals in your tears which can increase the risks of some eye damages. For the sake of your eye health, you shall change it every year.

Comment

It can last 2 years or more normally. RGP Contact Lens is rigid gas permeable lenses, which are made of durable plastic to transmit oxygen. It is very rigid, and provides better vision with durability and deposit resistance. Even though it is more expensive than other types of contact lenses, it could last longer than others. And RGP contact lenses are suitable for astigmatism because it can provide a more crisp vision.

Comment

It is said a pair of RGP contacts can last 3-5years. Compared with the ordinary contact lenses, the rgp contact lenses have a high cost of about $300. So whether you are suitable to wear the rgp contact lenses or not, you will be examined carefully under an eye expert. If you are fitful to wear rgp, there are 2 or 4 weeks for your eyes to get used to them. After the period, if there is something wrong with your eyes, you should see a doctor right now.

Comment

It is recommended that RGP's be replaced every year. It's because more than likely your Rx will change within that time.What's more, it's because of the build up that collects from the proteins and minerals in your tears, which will interfere with clarity and increase the chance for eye damage. I'll be honest and say that I've seen people use them for 2 years because their insurance only covers them once every 2 years, so it's possible. However, to ensure that you get the most clarity, the most current Rx, and the most comfort, then get new ones every year.

Comment

RGP CL is short for rigid gas permeable contact lenses. They can generally last 2~3 years. Just as the rigid CL, they have good optical properties, simple and convenient to use. The permeability comes from the special polyester material, which has a good processability and can be customized according to the corneal curvature and prescription of every wearer. RGP CL are particularly suitable for deep myopia, hyperopia, deep astigmastism and irregular astigmastism. What should be noted is that special lotion is needed besides the daily conventional clean. It's not common to occur blurred vision after removing the lenses. And they can be well interchangeably used with glasses.

Comment

The contacts always have their own shelf life, according to different categories and brands, so do the RGP contact lenses. I think you can ask the clerk in the glasses store when you buy the RGP contacts or you can also check the specifications of the contacts. Normally, the RGP contacts will last for one year or two years. However, I suggest you to buy the one-year ones. Because the contact lenses should regularly replaced and it will do good to the health of our eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X