Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use soft contact solutions to store gp contacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use soft contact solutions to store gp contacts?

I have run out of gp contact solutions. Can I use soft contact solutions for instead?

I think you can use soft contact solutions to store gp contacts for a moment. But for the long run consideration, you'd better use a single multi-purpose solution or separate cleaning and disinfecting or storage solutions for cleaning, disinfecting and storage.

Comment

Maybe you can use soft contact solutions to store your gp contacts. But I know that we can't use tap water to rinse or store contacts because there are microorganisms in tap water which may lead to an eye infection. We can rinse our gp contacts with multi-purpose solution or sterile saline.

Comment

Well, some solutions that are designed for soft lenses can't be used for storing GP contacts. I think you'd better consult your eye care professional first. You can't use solutions or other products that was not recommended by your eye care professional. And if the solution for your soft contacts is expired, you'd better not use them anymore.

Comment

You'd better not use soft contact solution to store gp contacts. The chemicals in the solution may have chemical reaction with gp contacts and make your contacts useless. You can buy some new solutions in a nearby drug store or optical store. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X