Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if you sleep in daily contact lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if you sleep in daily contact lenses?

I am so tired that i fall asleep when i wear my daily contact lenses. When i wake up int he middle night. My eyes feel very uncomfortable with dry, burning and foreign sensation. I took them off, and i feel better. Are sleeping with contact lenses in dangerous for eyes. What mat happens if i sleep with the contact lenses. Is it possible causes very serious eye damages?

It is really bad for for the eyes if you sleep in daily contact lenses. As you described, it can cause fry and burning eyes. That because wearing contact lenses stop your eyes access to fresh air. You may do it for a while, or once or twice, but never do it too often, the contact lenses will dry out in your eyes. Besides, sleeping with contact lenses is possible cause bacterial infection to the eyes.

Comment

There are special made contact lenses that allow people wear when they are sleeping. Maybe you can consult an eye doctor to get that contact lenses. But for your daily contact lenses, they are not good for eyes if you sleep when you wear it. As you said, it can causes dry eyes, burning eyes and foreign sensation. But if you take care of your eyes, it won't cause serious eye diseases. But if you often wear sleep in daily contact lenses, it can be dangerous.

Comment

Working...
      X